Wednesday, September 5, 2018

as of late....

I've been creating a lot of art this summer! I've also been creating quick videos to show you BTS into the process of my art journal pages.  You can view some here , here, and here.


Here are some of the journal pages I've created. Below is acrylic paint, pastels, collage in an 8x8 Dylusions journal.


This is a mini art journal spread. (TN cut in half). Acrylic paint and collage.

The below 11x14", fluid paintings are acrylic high flow on canvas. They have a protective gloss varnish and are for sale. I think all 3 of them look beautiful together! They are only $35/each. Or $75 for the triptych.  Please contact me for inquiries.




Here are a couple more journal spreads in my 8x8 Dylusions journal.  




 I've started a wood panel series with oil paints and cold wax medium. I've been wanting to learn these mediums and couldn't believe it when one of my fave artists/teachers, Jeanne Oliver, teaches us this very thing on last week's lesson in Wanderlust! I was so thrilled!
Here are my 8x8 wood panels with a layer of Venetian Plaster and starting to lay down the oil base color in blush.


2nd layers involved some white and titanium buff. Then, I pulled bits of those layers back to let my base color peek through. I also added some Indian Red pigment powder for some more design and texture. 


                           

There are a few more layers to go! I will share them over the next coming weeks. I need at least 2 days between layers for it to firm up/dry before adding more on top. Oil paints alone take weeks to dry. But, adding cold wax medium shortens the drying time; as well as adding a beautiful buttery texture and leaving a matte finish.  

With every layer, I lay down my leftover paint on oil paper (below).  Hoping this turns into a fun little piece to frame later.


During the downtime of drying, I've been working on my Concertina Sketchbook. Paris is the theme for the first 10 pages. I am using my Paris photos as inspiration. This is still a work in progress. I want to fill it with more fun sketches and shapes from Paris. I learned to do this from another one of my fave artists, Karen Stamper and her online Concertina Sketchbook course.


Lastly, I've got just a few more pages to finish of my 8.5x11" Storyline Europe Album. Here are a few sneak peeks. 

background above is a frottage technique I did on our very beautiful French hotel walls. 





I'll end this very arty blog post with some adorableness!! Our 2 rescue Golden Retrievers (7yr and 3yr old) have never seen a river, lake, pool, etc. (only the small rock pond at the dog park). My man and I like to be outdoors and so we thought it was a good time to 'test the waters'. (pun intended). We took them on their very first 5-hr float trip on the Huzzah River. 
They did so well! They did try to jump ship a couple of times at the beginning! But, not too long after... they trusted the raft. They also enjoyed playing and exploring on the shore, as well as swimming and fetching the tennis ball! 
By the last leg of the float trip, they were snuggled up together, napping in the sunshine. 
So proud of my girls!!










No comments:

Post a Comment