Tuesday, June 12, 2018

London Day 2

As mentioned in "London Day 1", we passed out at 7:30pm on our first night. Well, we both woke up at the same time and just knew we had slept through the night and it had to be after 5am the next morning. ......     Um...no. It was only 11:30pm. Jet lag at its finest.  We watched a documentary and a movie before passing back out around 3am. Housekeeping woke us up at 10am. And we were finally out the door at noon on our 2nd day!


We took the river taxi down Thames to the London Eye. 

From here, we jumped on a Big Bus and started our tour! I want to take a moment to highly recommend the Big Bus tours! They are the way to go! We saw so much in the short time we were here. We did the same thing in Paris (you will see in the next few posts). You get to hear the history of everything you are seeing. Plus you can jump off and get on another one, so you can use it as a type of taxi service, too. 


Here are photos from the sights we saw on the Big Bus London. 





One of the things I loved about London was all the old buildings and beautiful architecture. What was so cool was the juxtaposition of those beside new, modern structures! 



We hopped off and took some photos in front of Buckingham Palace. 


We finished our tour by getting off at Piccadilly Circus. I absolutely love the hustle and bustle of this city. Harrison took me out to eat at on a rooftop downtown. I had THE BEST lava cake I have ever had there! I can't believe I didn't take a picture of it! 


~~ to be continued. 


No comments:

Post a Comment