Thursday, November 30, 2017

Cheers to Jeanne Oliver!

 Artsy friends, I'd like to share Jeanne Oliver's new creative network right here. With her first blog post about it here. She talks about how long the road was and the hard work it took to get there, but they made it! I am so happy for her! She is one of my favorite, most inspiring artist-role models! 


One of my favorite classes of hers is Wild Awakening. This class was such a soul-pushing, limit-busting, expression-finding workshop! If you ever have the chance to take this class; you will not be sorry! Here is the 8-piece set I am working on during this class. These are about halfway done. There are many more layers to go! 
And this class has so many different processes you learn that can all build onto each other to make a series like this, one big piece, or even art journal pages. The sky is the limit once you learn these fun techniques! 

I had never played with charcoal or soluble pastels. Seriously, this class really stretched me creatively, with new mediums and techniques! 

Layers of coffee stains, charcoal and pastels... so far. Going to add some light blue and other contrasting colors and mediums before it's all said and done! 




Well, I hope you all will leave me some love below or tell me what class you've taken over at Jeanne's!   Also, go check out her new site and get entered into a fantastic giveaway! 

xoxo
B

No comments:

Post a Comment